Thursday, June 17, 2010

FATHER'S!

I have always wondered what it would be like to be a father. You know the joy of being able to speak into the lives of somone, and to be looked up to by somone else. I have always thought that would be really cool.
As "FATHER'S DAY" is just around the corner, I can't help but think of my father. Sure he isn't alive anymore, nor was he in my home speaking into my life on a daily basis. But I have to say that I have one of the greates fathers anyone could ever have.

He would travel for 1hour(1-way) by public transit every other week-end to come and see me.
He would travel for 1hour(1-way) by public transit to come and see my school band perform, or to watch me in sports.
He would travel for 1 hour(1-way) by public transit early every Christmas morning to be at my house when I woke up.
He would spend time with me!
He would take me out to eat
He would talk with me
He showed me how to get around town.

I could go on for hours and hours of things my father did for me. However, it's not the things he did for me that really make him the world's greates dad.

My dad showed me what it looks like to live a life as God intended it. (HE wasn't perfect, but he was close)

In all my my 18 years that he was around:
 not one time did I ever hear him 'cuss' or use profanity
 I never saw him seek revenge towards those who harrassed, made fun of, or used him.
 HE TAUGHT ME TO PRAY!!!!
 He taught me how to respect others (even when not deserved)
 He showed me how to love GOD for this life I have (even on the days I just don't want to continue)

Of all the things my dad taught me, I will never forget one!

"LIVE LIFE AS IF GOD IS LIVING LIFE WITH YOU" 

It really doesn't matter if your a father or not. You can still make a difference in somone's life by the way you live yours. I know my dad sure made a difference in mine by just living his life in front of me!

I LOVE YOU DAD!  I MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH....

No comments:

Post a Comment