Monday, October 25, 2010

How To Make God Feel Bad!

Ever treat God like a vending machine? Yesterday I had an interesting talk with a guy about why life seems soo messed up. While we discussed specific things that he was struggling with personally, I found myself thinking, and pondering about my own life as I went to bed last night. In several youth ministry books we hear about how many teens, (I personally believe EVRYONE falls in this category) treat God like a vending machine. We try to treat God just like we do our friends and family. We all have those things that we keep way deep down inside and that we never want to bring up because we are afraid somone will take our hurt, pain, frustration, and drop it on the ground. As a result we keep our feelings, views, hurts, pains, and frustrations all in. We only take God our good things. We only take to Him the things that we feel will help us. I'm the exact same way, and I hate it when I treat God like a vending machine. As somone I go to when I want somthing, but never think to go to Him for help, or direction. Instead we (I) would rather go to another human being who is just as lost, frutrated, and hurting as I am. I don't think it hurts God that we treat Him like a vending machine. Rather, I think it hurts, frustrates, causes him pain to see that we (believers) think that we can't give our trash to Him because we are afraid He'll drop it to the ground. 

Are you giving up on God because you feel as though He is going to take all of your trash and drop it? This is simply an excuse that we make for ourselves. God knows we're just lieing to ourselves. He knows we are just hurt, and need love. He know you've been hurt by people. Even Christians! Yet He also knows that you need love, and He knows it's just an excuse!

God is interested in our growth. In the bible we are told that God is our Father. Just like any other father, He wants to see his children grow into happy and mature adults. HE won't be used as a candy machine. Let's be honest with God and stop playing all of the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment