Monday, October 24, 2011

DUG DOWN DEEP By: Joshua Harris


Harris delivers a powerful message in terms that even the person just beginning to walk in their Christian faith or people of below average intelligence could understand. I received this book to review and as I sat down to read it…I just knew it was going to be awesome.  I have to say I actually enjoyed reading most of this book.  Harris uses language that makes you feel as though he were sitting in front of you speaking.  He doesn’t sound “uppity” at all.



If you are someone who is either just beginning to learn about your faith or someone who has had faith for a while but really felt as if something was lacking…I would suggest this book.  Mr. Harris uses illustrations from his own life..so all throughout the book you get this feeling of “I’m really not alone….someone else has been through the exact same thing…”.  I really feel as if this book has helped me to be more in touch with myself…with my spiritual self…and with God.  I feel like I “know God” better..and that helps me to better understand my faith. 
I WILL use this in the future with people as I walk with them and mentor them through their Spiritual Journey. 

I received this book for free from the blogging for books at waterbrookmultnomah.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment