Monday, October 24, 2011

THE VOICE: NT REVISED & UPDATED



I am not exactly sure why, but I have always loved Bibles. If I see a Bible in a new translation, version, or that is in chronological order (such as THE NARRARATED BIBLE) I am more than likely going to get it. I am a Bible College Student, so the Bible is pretty high on my list of books to buy. So when I saw The Voice, I was extremely excited. To my surprise this wasnt' too bad.

I have been taught all about translations, versions, and their differences. I have many colleague's who have a lot to say about non scholarly paraphrases such as THE MESSAGE. Honestly as began to look at The Voice, I was expecting much of the same things. However, it was written is a completely different way. In a way that caused me to stop and really think.

While I must admit that I more than likely would never preach, or teach from THE VOICE, I would use it for study. This is a translation of the Bible that is written at about a middle school level. The translation is not a word for word, or a verse by verse type of translation. It is a non-scholarly translation of the Bible.

By this I simply mean that it is not written at a scholarly level.

This translation is not great, but not bad. I'm not sure it's any better than my NIV, ESV, NKJV, NASB, NLT, KJV, or NRSV. It's just another way of trying to make God's word come to life for readers.


I received this book for free from Booksneeze.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment